Register your school
Register your school for free!
There are many benefits open to a school that is registered with BUSK. These include:
- Free information and advice service on all matters related to making transport arrangements.
- Entry into a free prize draw every school term with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize for winning schools.
- Free assistance with policy documents such as a Transport and/or Safety Belt Policy and other legally required documents that all schools should have.
- Tips on how to best choose a transport company and find out how to check an operator's background history.
- A BUSK certificate for use on your website to let parents know you are a registered member of BUSK and for display purposes.
- Information on our latest road safety campaigns and any competitions being run each year.
- 20% discounted rates when booking a place on one of our safety conferences or training courses.
- Choosing from our bespoke CPC driver training for those schools that hold an O license.
How to register:
Simply email or telephone us and make a request. Our freindly team are waiting to hear from you!
Why not become BUSK certifified? It is a free service but a valued one for any school to have
Registered schools can also apply to become BUSK certified. To gain certification a school would be required to meet a BUSK standard to evidence:
- How procurement for home to school transport (if applicable) was managed.
- What criteria is applied when hiring transport for school trips in the UK.
- What criteria is applied when using a tour company for a long haul school trip such as skiiing.
- What policy documents are in place and how often they are reviewed. Documents would include a transport policy, safety belt policy and enforcement of the wearing of belts, emergency procedures and how staff are trained in these areas.
BUSK provides a certificate that wil explain the safety standard the school has met. This can be used for display purposes and on a school's website. We know this will be welcomed by parents and carers quite simply because of the calls BUSK receives from them about safety concerns for their child on a school trip either in the UK or abroad. In many cases parents and carers will give the necessary permission for the school to take their child on the trip but often, families are also concerned about not making their child feel different if they go into school to ask questions or they withdraw them from a planned trip. A lot of parents and carers worry a school may feel challenged if they raise any issues. BUSK certification would meet the needs of parents and benefit the school in the knowledge that as a certified member of BUSK, it could also access information and advice directly from us at any time.