Centre Profile & Facilities:
THINGS TO DO
FORT WILLIAM AND LOCHABER, HIGHLANDS OF SCOTLAND
As well as Vertical Descents' top rated adventure activities, Fort William and the surrounding area captures visitors' hearts year on year with its unforgettable scenery, enchanting wildlife and some very famous landmarks and attractions!
Below are some of the most popular sites and attractions in the Fort William area:
• Ben Nevis – UK's highest mountain
• Glen Nevis & Glen Nevis Visitor Centre
• Nevis Range Mountain Experience – UK's only mountain gondola
• Jacobite Steam Train
• Crannog Cruises Boat Trips
• Old Inverlochy Castle
• Walk to Steall Waterfall
• West Highland Museum
• Skipinnish Ceilidh House
• Ben Nevis Whisky Distillery
• Nevis Centre – including bowling alley and soft play for children
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES FOR SCHOOL GROUPS
Our outdoor activities and schools' programmes offer powerful and meaningful outdoor learning experiences for school children. We understand the importance for children to be exposed to, and enjoy, outdoor environments and no one can underestimate the effect it can have on our young people.
We believe that all our young people deserve the opportunity to take part in safe and memorable experiences of the outdoor environment and outdoor activities.
With a current emphasis on Active Learning and Outdoor Learning through the Curriculum for Excellence there is no better time to get everyone out of the classroom and into our inspiring natural environment.
OUR SCHOOLS PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITY PACKAGES AIM TO DEVELOP:
- an enjoyment of new challenges in an outdoor environment
- problem solving skills
- courage & leadership skills
- effective teamwork
- physical fitness
WE DO THIS BY:
- having highly trained and qualified staff who are professional, approachable and child friendly
- creating a safe, nurturing and positive atmosphere
- providing challenges appropriate to the learner group
- providing adventurous activities involving controlled exposure to risk
- creating bespoke programmes tailored to the needs of your group
We have held our Adventurous Activities Licence (AAL) (HSE) since 2007.
Once you’ve booked your trip you can book your transport – see our approved Benchmark members directory – click here